PROGRAM | SPEAKERS | STUDENT ESSAY COMPETITION
And…that’s a wrap! A huge thank you to everyone for making the 2022 AIMA Conference such a success. It was fantastic to come together in person, gain new knowledge and skills to take back to our practices, and reignite our passion for integrative and wellness medicine and all that it can offer.
A big thank you to our incredible presenters and our major sponsors Nutrisearch, FxMed and BioCeuticals NutraCeuticals for making this event possible.
Thank you to our attendees also – what a great bunch of humans!
The 2022 AIMA Conference took place on Friday 18th and Saturday 19th of November 2022 at the Auckland University of Technology in central Auckland, New Zealand.
The AIMA Conference is New Zealand’s leading event for the integrative medicine community. A ‘must-do’ for all GPs, medical specialists, allied health practitioners, researchers, educators, students, and health professionals who want to learn about and understand how integrative medicine can be used to prevent and manage chronic and complex diseases.
The theme for 2022 was Optimising 21st-century healthcare; body, mind, and spirit, and included presentations from a host of charismatic and knowledgable integrative medicine experts from across the globe.
Hosted at AUT, in Auckland’s vibrant city centre, the conference was a great opportunity to connect and network with speakers and like-minded practitioners whilst learning about the latest clinical and evidence-based information around integrative medicine. Full catering was provided as well as lots of useful information and advice from suppliers in the wellness industry.
AIMA Members $450
- Dr Iain McGilchrist (Scotland) sponsored by The Ashton Wylie Charitable Trust – renowned psychiatrist, author, thinker, and former Oxford literary scholar.
- Dr Marc Cohen (Aus) – medical doctor, university professor, author, poet, entrepreneur, wellness trailblazer, and perpetual student of life.
- Dr Aimie Apigian (USA) (pre-recorded presentation) – Board-Certified Preventive Medicine physician, author, speaker and founder of Trauma Healing Accelerated, LLC and Family Challenge Camps, and host of Bio-Optimize Summit.
- Rachel Arthur (Aus) – Naturopath, Researcher and Presenter.
- Dr Cristina Beer (Aus) – Integrative medical doctor, author, corporate speaker, and media doctor.
- David Chaloner (NZ) – Counsellor, Therapist, Teacher, Facilitator and survivor of addictions.
- Dr Alberto Garoli (Italy) (pre-recorded presentation) – Professor of Osteopathy, Italian College of Osteopathy; Keynote speaker in Traditional Medicines (Ayurvedic, TCM, Acupuncture, Herbology & Homotoxicology); Co-founder & Chief Medical Officer Shae.ai Technologies
- Dr Cliff Harvey (NZ) sponsored by FxMed – Registered Clinical Nutritionist and Fellow of the Clinical Nutrition Association, a Registered Naturopath and Medical Herbalist, author, and researcher
- Dr Christine Houghton (Aus) (virtual presentation) sponsored by Nutrisearch – Nutritional Biochemist in Clinical Nutrigenomics.
- Professor Julia Rucklidge (NZ) – Professor of Psychology and Clinical Psychologist in the School of Psychology, Speech and Hearing at the University of Canterbury.
- Dr Stefan Schuster (Germany) sponsored by Genostics – Molecular Scientist
- Associate Professor John Stevens (Aus) – sponsored by Southern Cross University’s National Centre for Naturopathic Medicine – Health scientist and Associate Professor of Lifestyle Medicine at SCU
- Dr Michelle Woolhouse (Aus) sponsored by Bioceuticals – Integrative Holistic GP and expert on integrative mind-body and nutritional medicine.
To find out more about each of our speakers, click here.
The conference ran from 10am-5.30pm on Friday 18th November (with the option to stay on for a cocktail event) and resumed on Saturday 19th November from 8.30am-5.30pm with the option to stay on for a special musical event.
The conference offered:
- an opportunity to learn and update your knowledge in the field of integrative medicine, in a relaxed and safe environment
- access to the latest research on integrative medicine
- an opportunity to interact with representatives of leading natural healthcare companies
- practical skills that you can apply in your professional and personal lives
- a stimulating and interactive environment in which you can reach out and build a community with others and the industry.
This is what past attendees have had to say about the conference:
“I think it’s THE conference where you can find that depth of knowledge on the nutritional, social, environmental and spiritual level of healing that we’re all looking for – I come every year!”- past attendee
“It’s really inspiring, really engaging and gives me lots of thought for future practice” – past attendee
“You get to meet people who are doing different things, stepping outside the square, willing to try new things to help their patients get the best care in any way they can” – past attendee
The 2022 AIMA Conference is a Continuing Medical Education (CME) event that has been endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) for 11 CME points.
The activity has been approved for 23 CPD activity points in the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) CPD Program for the 2020-22 triennium. (RACGP Course ID 366236).
We would like to thank our sponsors without whom this event would not be possible.