We are delighted to announce that the 2023 AIMA Conference will be held on Friday 8th and Saturday 9th of December 2023 at the Auckland University of Technology in central Auckland, New Zealand.
The AIMA Conference is New Zealand’s leading event for the integrative medicine community. A ‘must-do’ for all GPs, medical specialists, allied health practitioners, researchers, educators, students, and health professionals who want to learn about and understand how integrative medicine can be used to prevent and manage chronic and complex diseases.
The theme for 2023 is Building Resilience: empowering ourselves in challenging times and will include presentations from a host of charismatic and knowledgable integrative medicine experts from across the globe.
Hosted at AUT, in Auckland’s vibrant city centre, the conference is a great opportunity to connect and network with speakers and like-minded practitioners whilst learning about the latest clinical and evidence-based information around integrative medicine. Full catering is provided as well as lots of useful information and advice from leading suppliers in the health and wellness industry.
AIMA Members Full Conference Ticket $500 (excl friends memberships)
Non-members Full Conference Ticket $600
Students Full Conference Ticket $130
Single day ticket $305
Click HERE to purchase tickets
The conference will offer:
- an opportunity to learn and update your knowledge in the field of integrative medicine, in a relaxed and safe environment
- access to the latest research on integrative medicine
- an opportunity to interact with representatives of leading natural healthcare companies
- practical skills that you can apply in your professional and personal lives
- a stimulating and interactive environment in which you can reach out and build a community with others and the industry.
We are delighted to have a host of fantastic speakers presenting at this year’s conference. Presenters include:
- Sharon Erdrich, NZ Registered Nurse, Registered Naturopath & Medical Herbalist will present “Fibromyalgia is a Multi-Morbidity Disorder. Can We Join the Dots? Insights from The FIDGIT Study”
- Dr Denise Furness, Molecular Geneticist, Functional Medicine Practitioner and CSO and Founder, Your Genes & Nutrition, will present “Building Resilience in a Modern World”. Sponsored by FxMed.
- Dr Sandeep Gupta, Integrative GP, will present “Updates from the Biotoxin World”
- Dr Tabitha Healey, Health, Executive and Organisational Coach, Medical Oncologist and Clinical Hypnotherapist, will present “Holding the SPACE for Wellbeing: Understand the impact of caring and the data-driven framework to mitigate stress and maximise wellbeing”
- Dr Silvia North, NZ Registered Dietitian and Lecturer, will present “Dietetic perspective on hyperinsulinemia and insulin resistance – from identification to management strategies”
- Dr Geraldine Poynter, GP, will present “Out of the funk with Focused Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (FACT)”
- Phil Rasmussen, Medical Herbalist, Pharmacist and Researcher will present “Phytomedicines for Post-Covid recovery”
- Natasha Tassell-Matamua, Associate Professor. Doctoral Supervisor School of Psychology, Massey University will present “Indigenous Spirituality. Well-being wisdom for our contemporary times”
- Professor Margreet Vissers, Research Professor and Principal Investigator, University of Otago will present “Vitamin C: Newly discovered functions and potential for impact in cancer, immunity and mood”
- Dr Edward Walker, Scientist at The New Zealand Institute for Plant & Food Research Limited, will present “Developing a nutraceutical for weight management, learning lessons from evolution, history, and drug discovery”. Sponsored by Calocurb.
Click here to learn more about our speakers and what they will present.
We would like to thank our sponsors without whom this event would not be possible.
Name Tag Sponsors