FREE WEBINAR: Psychedelic-Assisted Therapies to treat Mental Illness with Mind Medicine Australia
Join us for this free webinar on Wednesday 15th September as Mind Medicine Australia presents…
Psychedelic-Assisted Therapies to treat Mental Illness – Your update on the latest science, data, and legal progress to ensure these treatments become available and accessible to all those suffering.
Date: Wednesday 15 September 2021
Time: 6pm AEST 8pm NZST – 1 hour duration
Registration: This is a free event however registration is essential. Register here.
- Tania de Jong AM, Co-Founder and Executive Director Mind Medicine Australia, Creativity Australia, Creative Universe and The Song Room
- Dr Mario Alam, Holistic General Practitioner, Founder of World Doctor and Creator of Reset Retreat
Pre-Covid 1 in 5 people in Australia were suffering from a mental illness. At least 1 in 8 adults, 1 in 4 older adults, and 1 in 30 children are on anti-depressant medications currently. There has been no innovation in existing treatments for 5 decades, this has most certainly contributed to Australia’s devastating mental health statistics, which position Australia as second worst amongst all OECD nations, only ahead of Iceland. As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic many more Australians are experiencing anxiety, trauma, addiction, depression, loneliness, and social isolation, and suicide rates could significantly increase in the absence of innovation in treatments.
In the quest for new treatment options for mental illness, attention is being paid to the potential role of psychedelic medicines as adjuncts to psychotherapy for a wide array of conditions, including depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, and some addictions. Trials are also underway for dementia, Parkinson’s, strokes, cluster headaches, OCD, and eating disorders. A proactive approach to broadening the treatment options available for people who have a mental illness is desperately needed.
This keynote and Q & A are presented by Mind Medicine Australia. The session will provide an engaging and educational update incorporating new learnings, science, and data about innovative, safe, and effective treatments being used in a practical clinical setting. It will also provide information on how to access the TGA’s SAS-B pathway for psilocybin and MDMA-assisted therapies for treatment-resistant patients on a case-by-case basis.
- Understanding the causes and severity of our mental health epidemic
- The urgent need for expanding treatment options for medical practitioners and their patients
- Identify the psychedelic medicines and how and why they work in the brain
- Acknowledgment of the role of psychotherapeutic input alongside the medicine itself
- Illustrate the overview of evidence from over 160 recent trials
- Ascertain the potential applications in depression, anxiety, trauma, and addiction
- Clarification of the profile of people most likely to benefit and assessment of those who might experience adverse effects
- Understand key issues that remain to be elucidated about the potential use of psychedelics in the clinical environment
- Learn about the current policy and regulatory environment and how you can help make a difference
- Future directions and next steps to advance the field in Australia.
For more information on Mind Medicine Australia, please visit www.mindmedicineaustralia.org.
Register for this event HERE.
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
Tania de Jong AM – Co-Founder and Executive Director Mind Medicine Australia, Creativity Australia, Creative Universe, and The Song Room.
Tania is a trail-blazing Australian soprano, award-winning social entrepreneur, creative innovation catalyst, spiritual journey woman, storyteller, and global speaker. Tania is one of Australia’s most successful female entrepreneurs and innovators developing 5 businesses and 3 charities including Creative Universe, Creativity Australia and With One Voice, Creative Innovation Global, Mind Medicine Australia, Dimension5, MTA Entertainment & Events, Pot-Pourri and The Song Room.
She works across the public, private, creative and community sectors and is passionate about mental health, innovation, diversity, and inclusion. Tania speaks and sings around the world as a soloist and with her group Pot-Pourri releasing eleven albums. She is Founder and Executive Producer of future-shaping events series, Creative Innovation Global.
She was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia in June 2008 and named one of the 100 Women of Influence and the 100 Australian Most Influential Entrepreneurs in 2018. Tania’s TED Talk ‘How Singing Together Changes The Brain’ has sparked international interest. Tania’s mission is to change the world, one voice at a time!
Mario Alam – General Practitioner MBBS, RACGP
Dr Mario Alam offers the community a uniquely integrative and holistic medical approach with a passion for intuitively exploring each patients’ circumstances through the application of a range of personalised tools and integrated disciplines including:
- Holistic General Practitioner
- Integrative Medicine
- Preventative Medicine
- Nutritional and Environmental medicine
- Psychosomatic Medicine
Dr Mario’ s services continue to bring clear and effective results as he explores a new paradigm of intuitive medical practice combining his skills integratively with other members of the Mullumbimby Comprehensive Medical centre and health practitioners.
Dr Mario is an avid traveler, multilingual and loves to dance. He loves trekking across the world’s mountains as he explores the cultures across this magnificent planet. He’s often seen at Festivals and loves to explore spirituality and global transformation.
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Family Health
- Preventative medicine
- Mind Body Medicine