IM Treatments an essential part of Covid-19 treatment
Following are some talking points you can use in writing your letters to your health ministers. Remember to personalise this – we all need to be telling politicians our unique stories.
Key points to include in letter to ministers/politicians.
- I am writing as a doctor/health professional
- Thank you for your fast response to the Covid-19 pandemic
- Now the initial crisis is over it’s time to consider how we move forward to build immunity and resilience within our communities
- I am an integrative doctor/health professional
- Integrative medicine takes a systems-based approach to health. It sees the patient as an individual but also considers the social and environmental determinants of a patient’s health
- Integrative Medicine doctors/practitioners work to prevent illness, to restore our patients to health rather than to just treat symptoms
- Integrative Medicine has an important part to play in the fight against viruses including Covid-19
- There is evidence that several integrative medicine treatments may be effective in the treatment of viruses including novel Coronaviruses although you’ll appreciate that Covid-19 studies are limited because of the newness of the virus.
- My experience as a doctor/practitioner shows me that the following treatments may be effective in building immunity and reducing the severity of viral symptoms
- vitamin C
- vitamin D
- I have provided references as appropriate
- Thank you for your consideration
Who to send it to
Shadow Health Minister
You can find them here