AIMA Annual General Meeting
Monday 28th November at 6 pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT).
- welcome address from President (Dr Penny Caldicott)
- ratification of 2021 AGM minutes (attached)
- operational activities for year ended 30 June 2022
- receipt of financial reports for year ended 30 June 2022
- election of Board members
- any other business (notice to be given in writing by 21st Nov 2022 to [email protected])
- closing address from President
The Board consists of a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 members who are elected for three (3) year terms. Membership of the board shall include:
- 5 – 6 medical practitioners, of whom at least 2 must be office bearers, and, where possible, one will be the representative for New Zealand, and one may include a medical doctor in training.
- Up to 5 non-medical Board members nominated at the discretion of the Board and deemed to be full members whilst sitting in a Board position, each of whom shall be elected at the annual general meeting of the association for a term of 3 years. Whenever possible, one of these non-medical members will be a non-doctor health practitioner and another will be a community representative.
- Nominees are required to have been full members of AIMA for one year before being able to nominate.
- Executive positions are appointed by the Board following the election.
Positions which are becoming vacant this year include:
- Five doctor positions
- one doctor in training position
- One community representative position (ideally with skills in community/membership management and growth)
- One non-doctor board member with a focus on financial management
- One non-doctor board member with a focus on health coaching
While it would be wonderful to have candidates with board governance experience or training the attributes that would be of service are:
- Commitment to integrative medicine and the community that we serve
- Willingness to give some time and skills to bringing IM into the mainstream
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Creativity with courage and enthusiasm to utilise your talents for new endeavors
- Capacity for leadership
- Legal or business experience
- Public speaking and/or media experience
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of a rich community of committed and talented board members
- Growing skills in board governance and leadership
- Serving and growing your IM community
- Discovering talents and strengths that support the community of directors and the broader IM community
Nominations for positions are now open. Nominations must be on the attached nomination form, you must be a current member of AIMA, and have held this membership for at least one year, and have the nomination form signed by a second current member of AIMA.
If you would like to nominate, please complete and return the nomination form by email to [email protected] by 5pm Monday 21st November 2022.
Any other business
Any member wishing to bring any business before the AGM must give notice in writing to AIMA no later than 5pm Monday 21st November 2022. Agenda items can be sent to [email protected]
Date: Monday 28th November 2022
Time: 6 pm AEDT (see below for other time zones)
Zoom: Register for the meeting at
Estimated finish: 7 pm
Meeting times in different time zones
8 pm – New Zealand
6 pm – NSW, Victoria
5.30 pm – South Australia/Northern Territory
5.00 pm – QLD
3.00 pm – Western Australia