AUCKLAND MONTHLY MEETINGS
Join us for the next Auckland AIMA Monthly Meeting:
“Learning to Live a Good Life” with Dr. Morella Lascurain and Amy Shipley
Despite all the information nowadays available, many patients struggle to eat a nutritious diet, exercise, and reduce stress levels to maintain their health. Published research supports that holistic programs focusing on healthy lifestyle habits, stress management and a network of support can help manage and even reverse chronic disease. Since early 2018, Dr. Morella Lascurain and Amy Shipley have co-facilitated an immersion program running over 9 weeks with participants suffering from conditions such as obesity, autoimmune arthritis, metabolic syndrome, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, depression, and anxiety. The program educates participants on lifestyle based on bio-individuality, offers movement experiences and strategically coaches the group into the mindset that enables positive change. This talk explains the insights revealed by the personal journey of participants from chronic illness into better health and a sense of joy and fulfillment.
About Morella Lascurain
Dr. Morella Lascurain graduated Magna Cum Laude from medical school in 1993 and continued on to train in orthopaedic surgery. Her interest in healing soon discovered new horizons in the world of natural therapies, as she experienced the impact of holistic approaches on her own health. Fifteen years ago, she co-founded Mother-Well Holistic Health, a multidisciplinary, integrative health centre in Auckland offering services ranging from conventional medicine to acupuncture and hypnotherapy. Around that time, she also discovered her deepest passion lay in the MindBody connection. Having completed postgraduate studies in MindBody Healthcare at AUT University and trained in Clinical Hypnotherapy, Strategic Coaching and Ayurveda, she has specialised in MindBody healthcare since 2004. She is also an international speaker and an experienced educator.
About Amy Shipley
Amy Shipley a health coach with over 20 years of experience coaching and training people in different capacities. She has a passion for supporting people to make sustainable changes towards better health and happiness. Amy originally graduated over 20 years ago with a Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) from the University of Canterbury in Human Resource Management. From there, Amy went on to different roles in the corporate world including working as a Senior Consultant supporting organisations to understand what influences employee engagement and becoming a certified HBDI helping people understand different thinking styles. It is Amy’s true passion for coaching individuals through change that meant she trained as a certified Health Coach with the New York-based Institute of Integrative Nutrition and is a certified ph360 coach.
When: Wednesday 1 April 2020, 7pm networking and light refreshments, 7.30pm start (presentation will be for 1 hour from 7.30-8.30pm)
Where: Marcellin Room, St Columba Centre, 40 Vermont St, Ponsonby – parking available onsite
Tickets: $20 adults $10 students. Tickets must be pre-booked. Herbal tea and light refreshments included. Book through Humanitix HERE.
Join us and learn about this fascinating topic. It’s a great opportunity to meet and network with like-minded practitioners and students in an informal setting.
Previous AIMA Auckland Monthly Meetings:
- Wednesday 27th February 2019: Dr. Jacques Imbeau – General Dental Practitioner presents “Zirconia Ceramic Dental Implants”
- Wednesday 27th March 2019: Dr. Helen Smith – Holistic GP presents “A series of interesting cases”
- Thursday 30th May 2019: Dr. Steve Joe – Integrative Medicine GP presents “A closer look at mould”
- Wednesday 3rd July 2019: Dina Ceniza – Breathing Specialist presents “Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome, a hidden epidemic”
- Wednesday 28th August 2019: Martin Harris – Leading Pharmacist and Nutrition Medicine Expert presents “Dopamine: The Forgotten Neurotransmitter In Mood, Motivation and Sleep”
- Tuesday 24th September 2019: Sharon Erdrich – Nutritionist presents “Irritable Bowel Syndrome – Is it all in their heads?”
- Thursday 24th October 2019: Robin Kelly, Nigel Gavin, and Sonia Harnett present “A Musical Event: In the Footsteps of the Forgotten”
- Thursday 28th November 2019: Adri Ferreira – Naturopath, Nutritionist and Tech Sales Manager at Nutrisearch presents “Using Functional Testing to crack my most difficult case”
- Wednesday 13th February 2020: Dr. Yvonne Vannoort – Integrative Dentist presents “Integrative Dentistry – achieving the best results for our clients together”