The Australasian Integrative Medicine Association (AIMA) is the peak medical body representing the doctors and other health care professionals who practice integrative medicine. AIMA is an independent not-for-proﬁt organisation supported by its membership and governed by a volunteer board.
As AIMA expands and diversifies, we remain true to our vision of creating a society where everyone can experience their optimal health and wellbeing through integrative medicine and its sustainable model of healthcare. Our mission is to lead and facilitate the development of integrative medical care as being core to the health and wellbeing of individuals and society as a whole.
We work to build a vibrant integrative medicine community which is united, recognised, supported, informed and connected through:
- Building and supporting a community of integrative medicine practitioners
- Encouraging and fostering a new generation of integrative doctors
- Developing standards and guidelines for integrative medicine
- Creating an inspiring and positive environment for integrative medicine practitioners which fully engages their spirit and talents
- Advocating for the significant evidence and benefits of the Integrative Medicine approach
- Fostering connections between all integrative practitioners and their modalities
- Supporting/accrediting education in integrative medicine
- Facilitating open and effective communication between IM doctors and practitioners of other health and wellbeing modalities
- Promoting integrative medicine both within the broad medical community and within society as a whole
Find out more about AIMA membership here
For the AIMA constitution click here