Workshop Recording: Understanding the Buteyko Method and Wim Hof Breathing Techniques with Dr Rosalba Courtney
In this 2 hour recorded workshop, Dr Rosalba Courtney (Osteopath and Breathing Specialist) explores two popular breathing techniques, the Buteyko Method and the Wim Hof Breathing Technique. Price in AUD including GST: $150
Location: On Demand Online Recording
In late 2020, The Australian Integrative Medicine Association (AIMA) hosted Understanding the Buteyko Method and Wim Hof Breathing Techniques, an online workshop hosted by Osteopath and Breathing Specialist, Dr Rosalba Courtney.
In this workshop, we explored these two popular yet contradictory breathing techniques.
Both methods of breathing training are used by patients to treat specific conditions such as asthma and chronic fatigue or to improve exercise capacity or stress tolerance. However, the Buteyko method teaches various forms of breath reduction while Wim Hof encourages deep and full breathing. Both methods have been demonstrated to be effective for some patients and both methods can be contraindicated or ineffective if used inappropriately.
We looked at the theories and research underlying these two methods as well as clinical matters such as how to determine which patients might or might not benefit.
In this 2-hour workshop, we also practiced the breathing techniques of these methods.
Having viewed this workshop, you will:
- Have an understanding of key research on effectiveness, and limitations of the Buteyko method and the Wim Hof technique.
- Understand the potential clinical application of these two techniques
- Be able to critically evaluate the theories underpinning these 2 breathing therapy approaches
- Be able to advise patients of the suitability of these 2 techniques for their personal use.
- Understand how to do the various elements of these techniques.
- Have experienced doing the techniques yourself.
Price in AUD including GST:
$150 to view the video recording